Per'pen'd
There's a chipmunk living under my patio
under flat rectangular blocks of colored stones
red, green, faded yellow, blue and gray colors flow
only to clash with his light-brown tones
I see him on sunny days, a blur if you will
Lightning quick as he flashes about
sometimes stopping and sitting very still
back leg scratching his fur and pinkish snout
never a hair out of place without fail
seeming perfect with dark stripes long
running down his back towards his tail
his eyes and ears twitching, little paws strong
If I stay still, he'll stare at me
while sitting on the corner of the cellar door
I wonder what his mind does see
as he surveys the surrounding decor
one day I saw him wink
surely, he seemed to be saying
and of this, I'd rather think
that I may have been imagining
his silent message to my world
" Look at me, I'm perfectly happy and healthy
living under a patio as my life unfurls...
worry not for things that don't matter
live your life as you see fit
let the sun shine on your spirit hereafter
and enjoy life, every bit of it..."
Aucun commentaire:
Publier un commentaire