Reflections
I dreamed of times that were
while inhaling salty vapor
I sat on oceans' sandy beach
with memories in easy reach
I questioned if time had passed
my spirit flashed pictures in which I basked
colorful painted reality in mind
while solid structures I could not find
With the salty breeze as my sustenance
nourishing my past youthful substance
I sat and sailed my ship of mind
and with full spinnaker left the present behind
Again, I was the child playing
waves crashing on shore in early morning
cries of gulls filling the salty air
and youthful mind absorbing pleasures without a care
With the wealth of health
and the soft ocean breeze felt
I splashed in tidal pools
that remained ever cool
and captained my sleek schooner
under the sun of youths Summer
Time now has devoured those seasons past
leaving behind a meager repass
filled with joyful times of long ago
that my aging spirit still craves ever so
Aucun commentaire:
Publier un commentaire