Today I Died
The sun beamed through my open window
in golden shafts of bright yellow
with glorious dawn rising in pastels
I did not pause to drink this morning spell
with this untouched reality of the new day
was too busy to stay and play
I did not linger to say goodbye
quietly leaving on the sly
the morning air was sweet
but I did not notice while breathing deep
The sculptured stone of my workplace
In mind left no trace
and during the course of tedious hours
I only wished to someday retire
Yes, I had plans for tomorrow
concrete visions from my lips would flow
Of places around the world with bright nights
and treasures to behold in subdued light
and treasures to behold in subdued light
I did not laugh and smiled just right
with emotions too transparent for human sight
I did not say, I love you today
and now the burning suns' stabbing ray
lights up the crimson pool slowing growing
around my broken body awash in suffering
I did not notice that truck blocking my way
I died today
Aucun commentaire:
Publier un commentaire