Rechercher sur ce blogue

mardi, mars 23, 2010

ICEDREAM

ICEDREAM
I had a dream, a strange wild dream
Looking thru much younger eyes
even now, T'is crystal clear, it seems
It lingers sharply as I wonder why
In the dark rink, a chilled fresh scent
shadows fleeting about near me moved swiftly or stood
Am I dreaming or just awakened from recent slumber spent
There's hazy glass above the dashers of wood
Hidden voices spring from the shadowy coolness
Dark figures are seen on the frozen ice sheet
Sounding like so many children at play, always their quest
Noise of crunching ice from skate worn feet
T'is summer outside, I know it well
shafts of sunlight spear the mirror surface, all white
exposing red and blue markings where brightness fell
T'is a most magical moment, a somewhat surreal sight
Then, ceiling lights flicker and ignite
The forbidding darkness is quickly chased away
Revealing a flawless surface, untouched, glass-like
as colorful skaters enjoy hockey this day

1 commentaire:

Colleen Gauthier a dit...

Nice. I like this one!